WHAT KIND OF LIVER CANCER DOES CYBERKNIFE TREAT?
The CyberKnife System offers patients a non-invasive alternative or supplement to surgery:
- Inoperable Tumors: The CyberKnife System can provide an effective way to destroy previously inoperable tumors.
- Combined Treatment: The CyberKnife can be used in conjunction with conventional radiation therapy, chemotherapy or surgery, to destroy an remaining cancer cells.
- Metastatic Liver Tumors: If colon, pancreatic, or other types of cancer have spread to your liver, the CyberKnife System can be an effective, safe, and convenient treatment to supplement other therapies.
- Recurrent Liver Tumors: If your liver cancer has returned, the CyberKnife System leverages its precision to target the recurrent tumor, even when conventional radiation is not an option.
- You’re not in the best of health: Traditional cancer treatments and the resulting side effects can take a toll on your body. Non-invasive CyberKnife treatments have minimal side effects, require no painful compression devices or breath holds, and provide a gentler, more comfortable treatment alternative.
- You don’t want to have surgery: If you prefer not to have surgery to treat your liver cancer, the CyberKnife System can provide a safe, effective alternative treatment for qualified Alaska patients.